December 2010

December 2010

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Week!

Jayce woke up on Wednesday morning covered from head to toe in a rash! I called the doctor and took him in on the way to the airport to get Derek. It was an allergic reaction to an antibiotic he was on. Needless to say, they switched his medicine and we'll avoid Amoxicillin in the future.




Derek was finally home!. Here was the welcoming committee!!


Pennie was very excited to see him! Derek looks skinnier. I don't think he eats enough at college.

His first meal was -
 He asked me if I'd make chicken crescent rolls, but he was super hungry so we opted for easy yumminess.


 He likes a lot of ketchup and mustard, fyi.

If I were a photographer, I could make the food look this good. But, it really does taste as incredible as it looks! Oh man, I want it right now...

We had a very relaxed Thanksgiving Day. We, of course, had to have our annual family turkey trot. The boys were less than enthusiastic, but they came.


Then Mark and I prepared the feast!

 The best turkey we've ever made, seriously!!


It really was too pretty to eat, though. But we ate in anyway :).

 Traditional shot...I should find a whole bunch of these and post them as comparison. I think I will...

I think this was Friday, oh, yes, I see the leftover waffles in the background. This must be the post waffle football watching position.

Then we went for a hike in the preserve.

Pennie absolutely loves it down there but we don't like to take her because she has gotten tics down there. It must've been cool enough because she didn't get any.

 Skipping rocks...

This is sniffing paradise for dogs. She's crazy happy down there. She got a bath when we got home.


Mark, Cody and Jayce took another hike on Saturday.
 Duck pond I didn't know existed. 

 King of the hill. Kind of looks like Pride Rock in the Lion King.


Derek flew back to Idaho on Saturday afternoon. It was great to have him home. We'll get to see him and Cait & Bill in only three more weeks!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment