December 2010

December 2010

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Winter Weather This Week- Inside and Outside

This has been kind of a tough week at our house. Mark was sick ALL week - like really sick - like missing work all week sick. We had ward conference today and yesterday was the first day he wasn't in bed all day. Luckily he had prepared a lot before this week, but he would've liked more time to spend on his talk than just yesterday. He did a great job on his talk, though.

Also this week, Derek found out that he did not get into BYU Provo. It would have been fun for him to be up there with Billy and Caitlin, and his other cousins. But he has cousins at BYU-I, too. We just don't know anything about that school or the town...I've never even been there. Guess we'll have to make a trip! We are excited to learn about it...we've heard great things about BYU-I.

Jayce celebrated President's Day at school. Here's the cute hat he made.




And we had TONS of rainy, wintry weather this week, which means I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. On Friday I really wanted to order pizza. In order to save money, I decided to make my own. This recipe for homemade pizza crust from my sister in law Rachel has become a staple at our house. It's unbelievably easy to make.






I got this ebelskever (sp?) pan for Christmas and this is the first chance I've had to use it. They are like little pancakes. You can put filling in them, but I thought I should go basic for the boys. They really liked them with powdered sugar and syrup. It was fun to try something new.




And today I finished up a two day project of making a double batch of homemade lasagna. Man, it is labor intensive, but, oh, so worth it! We had lasagna for dinner (and enough for another dinner of leftovers) and I have a pan in the freezer for a later day or to take a meal to someone.



Jayce begs to eat some of the lasagna noodles. He hovers until I figure out if I have leftover pieces. Funny kid!



I am just not ready for another week to start. I feel like I have so many tasks in progress that I'm not doing any of them well. And I don't like that feeling! Well, tomorrow is a new day so I better chin up!!

2 comments:

  1. You need my recipe for lasagna that doesn't require you to boil the noodles before hand! (Actually its Barbara's, but I've tweaked it a bit) Its still a project, but quite a bit quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I have that one. You're right, it is SO easy and I used it for years. I came across this one a while back and I like the taste better when I make my own sauce (rather than jar). And this one makes two pans, which is nice. But that one is great in a pinch! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete