December 2010

December 2010

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Another new sport for Cody!

Cody is trying his hand (or arms or legs) at pole vaulting. He jumped 7'6" the first week, 8'6" last week, and he jumped 9'6" today at his track meet against Poway. I know those heights might not sound like much, but he's progressing!!







And last week he ran on the 4X400 team. I thought it was awesome and I hope he keeps up running as well as pole vaulting, but that takes initiative on his part and he is very comfortable with pole vaulting.

He looks nervous...he's never done the blocks or the baton before...


But he looks awesome out of the blocks! Well, I don't know about form, but he still looks awesome!!




I think he was pretty tired near the end...


And happy to hand off...



It was very fun to be at Westview for a track meet again. There is just a feeling of team work and cheering everyone on. I loved it. And just think, Cody is just a freshmen (or do I say freshman?)!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Cody! I'm way excited that you are pole vaulting! I didn't think you were going to do it, but it seems like you are a natural! Hopefully Caitlin and I can come see you pole vault sometime

    ReplyDelete