December 2010

December 2010

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Measurable


The world measures value a little differently than I do. How much money do you make? How fast can you run? What house or how much stuff do you have? Tonight we attended our stake's Christmas Choir Concert. It was amazing. I felt so much inside I can't even describe. God loves us completely and unconditionally just the way we are. And tonight I felt that love as I listened to songs about the birth of His Son. I couldn't decide which I felt more...the sweetness of testimony burn in my heart, or the sweetness of joy as I watched Mark and Derek standing side by side singing those songs. My feelings of testimony about the reality of the Savior, that he is who he says he is, that he was born to show us the way and to give his life that we may live, cannot be measured by worldly standards. Nor can the intense gratitude I felt tonight to have a husband and son sing sweet testimony of the Savior. But they are as tangible to me as anything anyone could measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment