December 2010

December 2010

Saturday, December 18, 2010

BUSY WEEK!


SHOPPING!
I continue to haul in an inordinate amount of stuff into my house. I don't know where it's all going! Much of it is hiding in my closet with strict instructions to the boys to stay out, but I still haul in more bags, every day. This can't be good for my budget or my desire to keep a neat and tidy house. I'm always picking up or moving something. It's crazy!CHRISTMAS CARDS!
I started my Christmas cards. This is early for me! I usually don't get them out until after Christmas. Well, at the rate I'm going, that may again be the case. Nope, I have to get that pile out of here before the big day! This year, for the first time in many years, I am trying to write a personal note. We'll see how this all works out.

BAKING!
I made time to bake a ton of cookies this week. They are in my freezer. I made four different kinds. These are ginger cookies and I got this recipe off of that Best Bites cooking blog I love so much. The cookies are all in my freezer, ready to be packaged up and given away. I still need to work on that! INTERFAITH SHELTER!
Every year our youth at church get to help put on a Christmas party for the families at the Interfaith Shelter up in Escondido. It's a pretty big deal, we bring games to play with the children, we cook a full breakfast, we bring crafts, a pinata, and even gifts for all the children. We actually work on this for weeks. These are pictures of Derek shopping for all the breakfast fixins and then some from the party this morning. It's really a fun thing to do!











SEWING!
So, just so you know, I don't sew. I have been known to try really hard and I have managed to make a few things in my years of domestication, but it does not come easy! Caitlin called a few weeks ago and said, "Are you going to have a stocking for Billy?" Well, of course, I am! So I shopped online and almost bought some (we needed one for Jayce, too), but none of them looked right and they were all very expensive. So what do I do? I decide I can make them. Thanks to Laura Peterson, my very talented friend, I was successful! She told me what to get and how to make a pattern and how to cut everything.
And then I went over to her house and she sewed and I ironed and we just had a good ole time! And, voila! Here ya go, Billy and Jayce, your own stockings!! We're all ready for Santa to fill them :). LOVE NOTE!
So, Jayce gave me this note and asked me to read it to him. It is from a friend at school named Savannah. He wants me to make sure we get her a Christmas gift. Hmmm, what should I think about this? It reads: "I love you Joxine so muche You have Been nice to me. You are the Best Boyfrinede I have ever had. Do not forget that you aft to meet me at the tree evry Day. Love: Savanah. To: Joxine. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (And then a heart with I Love you!)" BROKEN WINDOW!
Well, with all the boys that live in this house, you'd think we would have broken a few windows. But this is a first for this house. Derek hit it with a basketball, accidentally, of course. They are coming to fix it this week. Luckily it only broke the outside pane of the double paned window. As you can see, there is never a dull moment at our house, and this week has been especially busy! But I wouldn't have it any other way! I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment