December 2010

December 2010

Friday, August 3, 2012

Wonderful Visit Part 1

My niece, Jessica, and her adorable little girls, spent the last two and a half weeks at our house. We invited her to come and get a break from the Texas heat. Her husband is deployed in Afghanistan until November, and she needs to stay busy to pass the time while he's away. What better way than to visit San Diego?

We had so much fun! It was busy and hectic because I was still in school and I participated in our Stake Girl's Camp, but it all worked out. Fortunately, Caitlin was home for a couple of weeks, also, and for once, the girls outnumbered the boys!

We started off the week with a Padres game! They happened to be playing the Houston Astros! The Astros won, of course.



I had to include this picture because I thought it was hilarious. I took care of the girls in the morning when Jessica and Caitlin would go running. This is one way the girls chose to wait for their mom to return.
The San Diego Zoo was one of the first stops. I stayed home to work on my final papers and exams for school. I'm sure Jessica got a lot more pictures (only serious photographers sling their camera around their back :)). I'll blog more when I get her pics.



One night, we went to Del Mar for sunset. We grilled hot dogs and enjoyed the beach. It was one of the funnest things we've done all summer. It was beautiful and relaxing. 
 Cute girls!
 Maggie has a love/hate relationship with sand.
 Jessica goes to great lengths to get the perfect shot!
 It was so great to have Caitlin home.
 Maggie basically ate chips for dinner that night.


On my birthday, Jessica and Caitlin got up early with me to go for a run on the beach. It was awesome!
 Then we got cleaned up, and Cody watched all the kids while the girls and I attended the temple.
 Jessica's birthday was two days later, and she wanted to celebrate by parasailing! They jump right off over the ocean!
Mark watched the girls and we went shopping for four hours! We introduced Jessica to Nordstrom and Anthropologie! These were a couple of birthday gifts.
This is the only picture I have from Sea World (so far). It took three of them to get sunscreen on Maggie!

They've been gone for two whole days and the house is too quiet! We loved having them!

No comments:

Post a Comment