December 2010

December 2010

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Derek Goes to the Senior Prom!!

Derek did not want to go to prom. He told me last December he didn't want to go. I told him that was fine with me...prom is expensive and overrated. But, now I'm so glad he went!! He was too shy to ask his date, but she was bold enough to ask him, and he said (and I quote), "Sure!" They each paid for their own prom ticket ($65 apiece) and the Walton's hosted the dinner before.

The Walton's really know how to throw a party. The girls all went over to the Walton's on Saturday morning to prepare all the dinner and the menus.
 The table was absolutely beautiful!

Derek and Whitney just arriving...

In the entryway

Cute, cute girls!!

Cute Sadie and Mikael!


Adding Bree and Taylor to the mix -

Cute shot!

 I think they were getting tired of smiling...

We left them in the hands of Butler Dave -
In spite of his hesitancy, I think Derek had a good time. Whitney is super sweet and it was good for him to have practice being a gentleman. I couldn't sleep until he got home this morning (around 2:30 a.m. because they went to someone's house afterward to play games) and I was so worried he wouldn't walk her to the door at the end of the evening...but he did. This morning, he said, "Of course, I know that, Mom." Maybe he knows more than I think he knows :).

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for blogging about the prom. I'm so proud of that boy. I want to cherish every moment we have with him until he goes away to school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so cute! And I feel so old! Ha. Prom seems like a lifetime ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog. I'm glad he went and of course he knew what to do! He's a smart boy and he's been taught well :) He looks great in his pictures. It was fun to visit at his game and talk about prom :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, how can Derek be that old?! Looks like a fun time! :)

    ReplyDelete