December 2010

December 2010

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Lizard!!!

Pennie loves to chase lizards. She hunts them down outside and tries to catch them. Mostly she is unsuccessful. Simply chasing them is a self-esteem booster for her. Yesterday I opened the back door to put something in our recycling container right outside. She spied a lizard and began to chase it. It scurried to and fro, and before I knew it, it ran into MY HOUSE!

Okay, so I grew up in Texas, I have four brothers, and four sons. I am no wimp. But I really don't like creepy crawly things. I just don't.

Here is our guest - 



 I hope you aren't noticing the dust...

I ran into the living room to text Mark about this crisis. It's not like I expected him to run home to help me, but I kind of hoped he would. But he didn't. So, I went out front to see if any neighbors happened to be outside, maybe they could get it. Nope. I texted Derek. No response. Ugh. This is why I had sons, so they could get creepy crawly things! Jayce said he could do it. Our first plan was to position boxes around this speaker and then scare it into one of them. Well, it was a dud lizard and barely moved. Then Jayce said he'd get gloves on and get it. I was not optimistic. But I let him try.
Jayce is my HERO!
The lizard was safely replaced back outside! Happy day!!
Jayce saved the day!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! That's an awesome picture of Jayce holding it by the tail!

    ReplyDelete