December 2010

December 2010

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Wrestling

I have decided I don't like wrestling. It is way stressful to watch. I watch Cody and I feel like I'm going to throw up or wet my pants for the entire six minutes he's on the mat. I've tried yelling out my frustrations while he's wrestling and Mark says I break his concentration. And Cody says I shouldn't yell stuff if I don't know what to yell.  All I know is I'm about to explode when I watch him wrestle and it's not a good feeling. I'm not as bad when the other boys on the team wrestle, but I'm still all tense. I think I burn as many calories watching a wrestling match as I do running four miles...

Here are the latest wrestling pictures -
If they make you squirm, I completely understand. It's wrestling and it takes some getting used to.

This week we had a dual match against Torrey Pines. It always starts with a little dancing around...jockeying for position...seeing who can get the best shot for the leg.


This guy kind of missed his shot on Cody...
 Cody says he should've grabbed his chin/head and pulled it in. Whatever...this sport is so confusing!
 And before we knew it, the guy was in position to turn Cody over.

It was a disappointing loss since it was his last match.

Last Saturday he was at the County JV tournament at Mt. Carmel. He won his first match, then lost the next two.




This was a big match. It was against Ramona. They bale hay and carry cows over there. This boy is the brother of a girl Cody knows from the dances. And we know their family. The girl was even there...talk about pressure!
 I'm not just saying this because I'm the mom...Cody really dominated this match.
 The boy worked hard, but Cody was in control.
 With ten seconds left in the third period, Cody had him on his back. Why didn't the ref blow the stinkin whistle?!!
This match went the full three periods and Cody lost by points 17-16!! Unbelievable!

So, he's just finished his second season of wrestling. I totally see him improving all the time. He doesn't see it. He's so frustrated he ended the season 6-8. But he won a lot more this year than he did last year and he is learning. I'm very proud of him for working so hard. This is a ridiculously hard sport. I had no idea.

2 comments:

  1. Wrestling is a HARD sport. I haven't played all the sports, but I'm still going to say it anyway- IT'S THE HARDEST! I learned so much about myself during wrestling. Cody is doing great. Seriously, he doesn't think so, but he is. It's all about the off-season. Keep working hard and you'll kill it next year Cody!

    ReplyDelete